Here’s the recipe:
- Grate 3 large pineapples and pour everything into a large wok
- Toss in 3 sticks of cinnamon
- Poke around vaguely in box of random assorted spices and essences
- Surface with bottle of vanilla powder. Eye it dubiously for a while, uncap it, and sniff it, and then shake an unspecified amount straight into the wok.
- “Not too much” though.
- Poke around some more. Surface with small bottle of vanilla essence that I once bought for cookies
- Hum consideringly. Unscrew the cap, sniff it, and then drizzle another unspecified amount in.
- Poke around. Come up with cinnamon powder. Sniff. Shake into wok
- Repeat with ground nutmeg powder.
- Grab the half of a lemon that’s been sitting in the fridge the whole week.
- Grate some lemon zest in, then squeeze whatever juice possible from the slightly dried-out lemon (”It’s enough.”)
- Turn on fire. Stir for a while.
- Toss in one large block and one smaller block of rock sugar
- Bring filling to a boil, then turn the fire waaaay down (to avoid burning the rock sugar) and leave it. Come back to stir it every now and then.
- “For how long?” “AGES.”
Serving: No fucking clue. She always just keeps making more dough until she runs out of filling ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We’ll get to the dough-making tomorrow. XD